An A2 level of English is sufficient for tourism in an English-speaking country and socializing with English speakers, although to develop deeper friendships an A2 level is not adequate. An A2 level of English also allows for networking with English-speaking colleagues, but working in English is limited to very familiar topics at the A2 level. An A2 level of English is not sufficient for academic study or for consuming most English-language media (TV, movies, radio, magazines, etc.) …
- Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- Can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- Can describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment, and matters in areas of immediate need.
A student at the A2 level in English will be able to do all the things that a student in level A1 can do, and in addition, he will be able to:
- evaluate coworkers’ performance in the workplace.
- relate events from your past, including your weekend activities and interesting stories.
- describe your past life, giving details about important milestones.
- entertain someone in your home or visit a friend or colleague in their home.
- discuss your vacation plans and tell friends and colleagues about your vacation afterward.
- talk about the natural world and travels to see animals and natural areas in your country.
- talk about movies that you like and choose a movie to see with friends.
- discuss clothing and what kind of clothes you like to wear.
- engage in basic communication at work, including attending meetings on familiar topics.
- describe an accident or injury, get medical help from a doctor and fill a prescription for medicine.
- engage in basic business socializing, welcoming guests and attending networking events.
- understand and make basic business proposals in your area of expertise.
- talk about and explain the rules of games.